1. Where is the Health Department

Our office is located at 429 Frankfort St., PO Box 117, Brooksville, Kentucky 41004

2. What are your office hours?

Mon 08:00 am – 04:30 pm
Tue 08:00 am – 06:00 pm
Wed 08:00 am – 04:30 pm
Thu 08:00 am – 04:30 pm
Fri 08:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sat Closed
Sun Closed

3. Can I come to the health department if I am sick? (i.e. sore throat, ear infection, stomach ache, etc)

We do not have a physician on site. You need to see your family doctor for acute illnesses.

4. Do you give out medication for head lice?

No, but if the person who has lice has a Medicaid card or K-CHIP insurance, their physician can prescribe treatment and the cost of the prescription is usually covered. Click for more information on head lice. More information.

5. What is the contact number for Bracken County Health Department?
6. What is the cost for services?

Fees for clinic services vary. Please call 606-735-2157 with any questions.

The cost for educational programs varies depending on the particular program.

Our agency provides many types of inspections, many of which may also require a permit.

7. I understand Bracken County has a local Board of Health Ordinance, which requires that any person who works in a restaurant first attend a Food Handler’s Training program, and get a certification card. Where can I get the training and the certification?

For information about Food Handler Training and Certification, visit www.statefoodsafety.com or www.myfoodservicelicense.com. All food establishments are also required to have at least one certified food manager on staff during all hours of operation.

8. What educational/training classes do you offer?

We offer a variety of classes. Visit our Education tab on the menu for more details.

9. I’ve been bitten by an animal. Who do I call to report the bite and to find out if I should get medical treatment?

If the animal has broken the skin, you should immediately contact your family physician or go to your local hospital emergency room. You should also call our office to report the bite. Your call will be referred to one of our Environmental staff that will obtain additional information about the incident and instruct you on what additional steps to take. Our telephone number is 606-735-2157 and Fax number is 606-735-2159

10. What are the symptoms of STD’s (sexually transmitted disease)?

Many women and some men can have no symptoms to some STD’s, but the STD can be causing permanent damage. If you think you may have an STD or have had risky behavior, you need to be tested. Telephone 606-735-2157 to schedule an appointment.

11. What are the symptoms of…?

For information on a variety of health topics see:

Health Information A-Z.

12. When and how can I reach the Plumbing Inspector?

The Plumbing Inspector can be reached at (502) 545-0844. Office hours are Wednesday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.

For more information regarding plumbing permits visit DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING, BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTION (ky.gov).

13. I might be pregnant. When can I get a test to be certain?

The health department does a urine pregnancy test that can be done within a few days after your missed menstrual period.

14. What are common symptoms my child may experience after receiving their immunizations?

Link to information on each vaccine: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/default.htm

15. On what holidays is the Health Department Closed?

Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday (third Monday in January)

½ day on Good Friday (April 7)

Memorial Day (last Monday in May)

Independence Day (July 4)

Labor Day (first Monday in September)

Veterans Day (November 11)

Thanksgiving (2 days) November

Christmas (2 days) December

New Years (2 days) January

16. Fees

Fees apply to some services, however, no one will be denied services based on inability to pay. Services are by appointment. Those with no appointment will be seen as quickly as possible. The health department accepts Medicaid, Medicare and some private insurance plans. To find out what services are available to you, please call the health department at 606-735-2157